jamielynn

Wethering the Storm
Samantha Towle

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* has read 118 books toward her goal of 125 books.
hide
The Tycoon's Secret (Baby for the Billionare, #4) - Melody Anne So, I've been lacking on my reviews and have three to catch up on so they may all be short and sweet today! :)

I started reading this series a while back and then got distracted and forgot to go back and finish it. When I was going through my list recently I saw the next one and made it my mission to go ahead and finish it out. With that being said, with the ending of this one, I'm really curious about the Anderson families series now too.

HAHA, see I'm getting distracted, now about this book. I liked this book, but I can't say that I loved it. It seemed like it was an up and down hill ride for me. In the beginning I was very intrigued. Sierra's dad has been abusing her for her entire life. She's basically broken and has given up for the most part to expecting an outside life. Everything she's ever had he's taken away including a boyfriend which he allowed his other daughter to turn around and marry. He kept her from having anything, but in turn gave her sister everything and never abused the sister. He took out all of his anger with the girls mother on her. Her father makes a deal with Damien, selling her to him for the cover of it looking like a job, but when Damien makes it look like it could be for a mistress, her father acts like he doesn't care. At this point I was hanging on every word, just waiting to see what would happen next. There was so much sexual frustration between the two I was begging for the deed to finally happen, but here's where everything took its first plunge for me. It took forever for the two to even have a conversation, much less do the deed. So, I got a little bored and almost skipped some pages, but was too afraid I would miss something.

SO, without giving away spoilers away, the two end up doing the deed and having an awesome week together. For me, it picked up again here, but was sorta rushed. I wanted to see them fall for each other and get that lovey feeling in my heart so that when the whole thing falls apart, like it does in most books I feel it, ya know?? I didn't and for me that was another low in the book, but when he came back to talk to her and they finally cleared the air about all that was happening, I was hooked again. However, disappointed with some of it.

Damien's life long mission was revenge. Sierra had started out being a way to get to who he wanted to get his revenge on. When she found out about all of this, instead of being hurt or damn, traumatized, like I would have been she just feel back in bed with him. I mean come on, he spilled all of his terrible secrets on her and even accused her of being a spoiled brat and she jumps his bones. I'm sorry what?!?! I can't tell much more because I would be letting some spoilers out I feel, but it mostly was just an up and down read for me. To me, some things that should have had a big conversation never got recognition, like him buying her from her dad, it got one sentence, saying that he had told her everything and she was freaked out by it at first but then was okay with it. ummm, I thought that was really important and as the reader we should have been allowed on that conversation, lol. Also in the end it never told what happened to her dad. I don't know, just maybe I'm picking it a part and I'm not one to do that by far, but there were just a lot I wanted more from the book.

Damien had his sexy moments and then he had his less than stellar ones too. I can't say that I loved every decision Sierra made either, but this was her first time living out from under anyone's command and was loving making her own decisions even if they were wrong.

IMO, which I know doesn't amount to much, but I think the story had real potential, really. It just wasn't all it could be to me. I don't want to turn anyone away from reading this book or series, because they really are good storylines, and Derek and Drew's stories are definitely worth the read. (The first and second books in the series.) Maybe the last two just needed some editing??? *shrugs*