jamielynn

Wethering the Storm
Samantha Towle

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* has read 118 books toward her goal of 125 books.
hide
Effortless (Thoughtless, #2) - S.C. Stephens "If words could be caresses, then he was making love to me everytime he sang."

"His voice was melted sex. Yes, melted...sex. He could still make me feel like he was looking at me for the first time, not the thousandth time. He still gave me butterflies."

"I know that I have to be with you. Everything else is just...details."

I honestly don't know how to explain my love for this series. This was my third read of the book and I swear I loved it more than the first. Not only do I love the characters in this book, but the author does such an awesome job at writing the book it's like it comes alive for me. I just become absorbed in it.

Source: google.com via Lori on Pinterest

This story picks up several months after Thoughtless ends, but it's seamless. Kellan and the DBags have started picking up more shows and becoming more popular. Kiera and Kellan's relationship is growing and they are becoming closer and closer. But when a show at Boombershoot goes extremely well and scouts see the band they get recruited to go on tour. Kiera, not wanting to react in the same manner that she did with Denny, she sends Kellan on his way. Kellan isn't so sure at first but Kiera talks him into it and the band go on their way for 6 months. Time apart on the couple is really hard, seeing how the relationship started.

"This isn't goodbye, okay. There are no goodbyes...not between us."

The thing I loved the best about this book was the growth in the characters. Kellan and Kiera's relationship not starting in a healthy way has left both with trust issues with the other. And believe me, Kellan and Kiera have plenty of tests along the way. Ex's showing up, suspicious texts, unknown women lurking, not to mention the doubt in each other from an earlier experience their love is tested. But I loved the way in the end they learned to communicate, especially Kiera. She's not completely matured yet, but has grown for sure.

I feel in love with Kellan all over again in this book. His main concern seems to always be Kiera. The going away party that he paid the neighbors off for, OMG, the Love notes he left behing, the sweet Christmas gift, and when he made all the strangers give her roses. I swear I can't imagine anyone not falling in love with Kellan. Of course as always the sex was scorching between them. That bathroom scene is by far my favorite moment in the book. SO FREAKIN' HOT!!

"My day isn't complete until I'm deep inside you. Your body wrapped around mine is the only way I feel whole. Being with you, making love to you, it only solidifies what I feel for you. I know that I've become one of those spouting, love-sick idiots, but what it boils down to is three words that don't mean enough...I love you."

I loved the Dbags even more. You can't help but love Griff the Hulk. Yes, he's a jerk man whore, yes, he's perv, yes, he has a potty mouth, but there is just something about him that I can't help but love. Of course the sweethearts and 100% trustworthy Evan and Matt.

I just can't brag enough about this book. I loved Thoughtless even though it drove me insane, but I loved Effortless even more. I can't wait for Reckless.