jamielynn

Wethering the Storm
Samantha Towle

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* has read 118 books toward her goal of 125 books.
hide
Edge of Obsession (SKALS, #3) - Adriana Noir "Welcome to SKALS. I suggest you strap yourself in, cupcake. You just entered the ninth circle of hell."

This series......This book......smh, if you haven't started it yet you are definitely missing out on something here. It is pure GENIUS!!!

Edge of Obsession is the third book in the SKALS series. I have been beyond excited to read it and when Ms. Adriana Noir offered me an ARC I jumped on the opportunity. Once I started I could NOT put it down. OMG, it was AMAZING!!! EEK!!!

Sebby and Taylor are struggling to get over what happened to them in the previous book. Seb is on edge worried about Taylor, what he has got her into, and how he can still keep her. However, this isn't his biggest problem. Something huge is happening. He has his suspicions on who is behind everything, but he has to be able to prove it, and that is not an easy task. The harder he digs it seems the more questions he has, not to mention he's not completely sure on who he can trust and who he can't. The stress gets to him, plus some reconditioning. Taylor seems to take the brunt of it. She tries, as hard as she can but sometimes Sebastian's demands are more than she can keep up with.

"I lost my way, but I love you and nothing is ever going to make that change. No matter how much SKALS might rip away, some small part of me is always clinging to you. You are what keeps me breathing when I want to give in. You are what makes me fight to come back home."

I literally just could go on and on and on about this book. Seb is my favorite anti-hero right now. Don't go into this series thinking it is going to be heart and flowers, because you will be sorely disappointed. Seb is hard core. At times I wince and just want to look away because his punishments can be so extreme, but he explained that a little in this book and I understand now better where he is coming from and why he does the things he does. He can also be extremely caring and protective of Taylor, and I'll just say something happens in this book that I just knew was coming. I was a little shocked at the way Sebastian handled it, but not in a bad way.

Taylor is her own kind of special. It takes someone brave and extremely strong to be with a man like Sebastian. At times when she is scared to death, i'm actually thinking run, go for it, what do you have to lose. And then I remember,....everything. Not only would she probably lose her life if she fled, or would take the ultimate punishment, she would lose Sebastian. And even though at times he can be terrifying, it would be horrible to lose him all the same. She literally has to walk on eggshells, but seems to be finding her way, if she can just get through this next test.....

Speaking of that, well, I can't spill anything about what I'm talking about her because it would definitely spoil, but for those who know what I'm talking about they'll understand what I'm saying here. When Sebastian finds out about what happened he is going to go apeshit crazy, and I pity the soul who steps in his way during that time,....and after when he goes for them. The ending killed me, I was sooo into it, sigh.....I NEED MORE!!! LOL!!!

Arc kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thanks so much Ms. Noir!! :)