jamielynn

Wethering the Storm
Samantha Towle

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* has read 118 books toward her goal of 125 books.
hide
Rode Hard, Put Up Wet (Rough Riders, #2) - Lorelei James "Age is just a number and there are no age restrictions on when you might find true love."

^ Ole Trace Adkins there is not wrong. I'm going to make this short and sweet seeing as I have about 15 more books to go in this series, I don't want to be too repetitive.

This is Cash Big Crow and Gemma's story along with Carter McKay and Cash's daughter Macie's. The story started off a good while after the first book ended. Gemma pushed Cash away in order to get her head straight to move on from her dead husband. Now she is ready for him, but she'll have to find him first. Once she does she asks him to come help her work her ranch, but Cash has other thoughts. He'll work the ranch as long as Gemma allows him to sleep in her bed every night and she gives him the control there. Gemma is now ready for this, she just has to convince Cash that she is.

"Lucky for you I just got my second wind and a new rope to break in. Keep up that dirty talk and I'll have to try out the gag too."

Meanwhile Carter has been working part time for Gemma for the summer. He's a struggling artist that lately has been having dreams of one girl over and over. When he goes with Gemma looking for Cash he sees his muse in the flesh. Instantly he wants to get to know her and convince her to let him draw her, but he also feels something deeper for her and just has to convince her he being truthful about that. Macie hasn't ever had the best of luck in anyone. She's just getting to know her dad, but really no one has ever really stuck around for her, so when Carter starts making all of these promises she just ends up blowing him off. But eventually blowing off Carter isn't easy, especially when he is the very one who begins to be her everything.

"Thank you, Macie for knownin' what I needed when I didn't know myself. For lettin' me show you my intensity. For seein' me. The real me. You seem to know what I need. No one else ever has. No one has ever cared. You make me feel...whole."

Both couples grow closer and closer. But both relationships have misunderstandings. Gemma and Cash seems to be hiding feelings from each other, while Carter gets so lost in his art, he forgets what's important in the end.

"She's exactly like you, which means she's perfect for you because she will make your life a living hell. Or heaven on earth. Depending on the day and your collective brooding moods."~Keely to Carter

This book was so good. I can't say I liked it as much as the first, only because it was a lot to keep up with both couples. I don't even know if that is what it was, honestly, cause I had no trouble following along, just seemed I liked the first better. However, this book was so hot. Trevor made a surprise visit and I was not disappointed by that, lol. These books so far seem to have scorching hot sex scenes and lots of them, but still maintains a good storyline that sucks you in. I can't wait to read more. :)