jamielynn

Wethering the Storm
Samantha Towle

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* has read 118 books toward her goal of 125 books.
hide
Undeclared (Woodlands, #1) - Jen Frederick "Do you think magnetic polarity can be reversed?"

"Magnets can be reversed. But, for some, their attraction is so strong that they can't be kept apart."

No, this book wasn't really like the Dear John, I mean it had some similarities but it wasn't exactly the same. But I have to admit in the very beginning it had the most similarities and it reminded me of these characters and after that they just stuck in my head. SO, I went with it....

Grace Sullivan was required her freshman year in high school to write a letter to a Marine in Afganistan. After that first letter, Noah and Grace exchanged letters back and forth every month for four years. They had confided in each other about things they had never told anyone else ever making them extremely close. But when Grace wrote Noah they should meet when he got out he sent her a Dear John letter telling her that he didn't think that was the best idea and that he really only looked at her in a brotherly way. Two years have passed and Grace is still thinking about Noah. She had been heart broken by his denial and still not completely over it even thinking she may one day run into him at college, no matter how far fetched that may seem.

"You had a chance. You had two years of chances. i don't know why you're here, but it has nothing to do with me."

"It has everything to do with you."

Noah knows that winning Grace back probably won't be a very easy feat, but after writing her that letter two years ago he has thought of nothing but making something out of his self, saving money, and getting into Central college so he can meet Grace and win her heart. He's been here a while but still hasn't got up the nerve to actually come face to face with her but knows where she lives, what classes she taking, and actually her whole schedule all together. When he finally gets up the nerve, Grace is caught by surprise and turns and bolts. Not the exact response he was wanting but he knew after the letter she probably wouldn't be as accepting of him at first. He's willing to fight now harder than ever for what he wants.

"I missed you, Grace. More than you will ever know."

I really think I could go on and on about this book but this is a basic summary of it. It was a really good read. I would sort of describe it as Dear John meets Beautiful Disaster. What I mean is after the letter writing situation it sorta turns all about Noah working on his fighting career while Grace is working out her photography career. They went to a underground fight that really reminded me of Travis and maybe that's where I get that description.

"I'll take care of you."

"I know you will. I trust you."

"You won't regret that."

I loved Noah. He knew what he wanted and went for it guns blazing. Even when he wanted more but Grace kept telling him they could only ever be friends he wasn't deterred and even went on a "double date" with her so he could help her out as friends. Such a sweet guy. Grace was fairly likeable. Toward the end when she pulled her little stunt I will say I really wanted to slap some sense into her. Her insecurities got the best of her and she needed to take a look at what Noah had done to be with her.

I'll admit, there were a few slow parts for me. But, I can't wait for the next book it's supposed to be out in September and it is Bo's. I'm always a sucker for a book about a man-whore who falls in love. :)