jamielynn

Wethering the Storm
Samantha Towle

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* has read 118 books toward her goal of 125 books.
hide
Mine to Take - Cynthia Eden "Having too much faith in the wrong man could be dangerous>"

I'm going to start off by saying, I love a book that starts out with a warning label in the blurb.

MINE TO TAKE is intended for adults. Sexy situations and adult language will be found within the pages of this story—please consider yourself warned.

haha, You've be warned...This book was so good. Yes, it's a short story. Short stories typically leave me wanting more, always more with me, haha, and don't get me wrong, I would have loved more for this one, but everything tied together really well. I never felt like it was too rushed or anything either. I have to make this brief because I don't want to give anything away, and believe me there are things that could ruin the whole thing.

Skye was driving home one night when she has a car accident. She sits in her wrecked car trapped waiting for someone to help her. Finally someone comes, nope, I'm not telling who, that 's one of those spoilers I can't give. Time passes and she is left with that horrible memory, not only mentally but physically. That accident ruined her dancing career. But that's the least of her problems, someone is following her and also breaking into her apartment leaving hints that they have been there. When she finally has had enough, and is terrified she runs to the one person she knows can help her with the stalker, but may be dangerous to her in a whole other way.

(Btw, this hottie courtesy of Allison, the second I saw him he reminded me of Trace and she was awesome and let me borrow him for my review!! Thanks Allison!!)

Trace couldn't believe his eyes when he looked up and saw that Skye was in his building. He has been waiting for this chance with her for ten long years. And now that she needs his help, he won't be letting her go again. He has secrets, secrets that he's not ready for her to know yet, but it may not be up to him when she finds out everything. It doesn't matter though, she's back and will be staying no matter what he just has to get rid of this stalker first.

"When you walked into my office a few days ago...I was so damn stunned. It was all I could to not to run and grab you, to hold you tight." And never let go.

Like I said this book was the exact thing I love to read. Romance, confident alpha male, scorching sex and chemistry, mystery, danger, yep I thrive on this stuff. I suspected everyone was guilty while I was reading this. And when I say everyone, I mean that literally. There were huge twists and turns that had me saying...

I wish there was more only because I was so twisted up in this story it was over too soon. I highly recommend this, perfect length to fit in between longer reads and it will have you on the edge of your seat the whole time.