jamielynn

Wethering the Storm
Samantha Towle

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* has read 118 books toward her goal of 125 books.
hide
Beautiful Broken Rules - Kimberly Lauren

Oh how I loved this book!! It had been on my short list for a while but I just kept letting other things get in front of it. Wow, it was amazing!!

Meet Emerson

"Your voice is a little like cocaine. You could bottle that stuff up and sell it. Can I pay you just to talk to me all day?"

She's the self proclaimed school slut. No seriously, that's the way she refers to herself. She admits openly she likes guys and sex and doesn't mind being known for it. The thing is there's things that happened in her past that makes her avoid relationships at all costs. So she made up a set of rules to protect herself.

1)Never sleep with someone that a friend has feelings for.
2)Never sleep with someone who is in a known relationship.
3)Never sleep with someone more than three times.

Everything was working out fine in her life with these rules until the morning she met Jaxon Riley.

"You have to stop worrying that you'll lose me. There's nowhere else in this world that I want to be. I love you, beautiful girl."

At first glance she notices how gorgeous he is. But then when she finds out he's the guy that is going to be moving in next door with her best friend. They start out as quick friends but over time start growing closer and closer. She knows she wants him and that it will eventually happen between them, but once it does she realizes that he's different and trouble for her with a capital T. Soon enough Jaxon starts breaking down her walls but with the fears she's had her whole life about being left and cheated on nothing comes easy for for them.

"Please stop running from me,"he whispered.
"Please stop trying to catch me,"she said getting up to leave.

This story was amazing. I absolutely adored Jaxon. He was was hot all around. I have a thing for tattoos, bad boys on bikes, and football players. He was all of the above. Not to mention he was so sweet, and had the most unbelievable amount of patience. I loved the fact that even when Em was being "hard to get along with" (taking all of those guys upstairs) and trying to push Jaxon away he was there to make sure she was alright even when it was killing him.

And Emerson, yeah, she's not your typical heroine, but come on she was quirky and spoke her mind. She wasn't ashamed of who she was either. I didn't 100% agree with everything she did, especially when it came to decisions related to Jax but she learned from her mistakes and owned them. And she never tried to be something that she wasn't.

"Tell me that you want me,"he whispered.
"I want you." Always.
"Only me?"
"Only you." Had there ever been anyone else?

This story also had amazing secondary characters. Quinn, Cole, and Jace. I loved these characters just as much as the primary characters, and I would give anything to be in their little click to hang out and watch movies or catch a frat party. Cole and Quinn are like the worlds best friends EVER!!! And then Jace, OMG he needs his own book. I want to know so much more about him. Hell, I want to know more about all of these characters. As much as I want Jace to have a book I feel like I need a little bit more from Jax and Emerson. What happens next, can everything just automatically be a HEA between them? I mean the guy in the end was preparing..."for a future" with her and I want know I need to read about it. Read this book, whatever you do it's amazing and will not leave you disappointed. :)

"I just met you and I'm amazed by you already.
You beauty has me blind to all others.
One day you'll let someone in and he'll be a lucky bastard.
One day you are going to discover how beautiful and strong you are.
I hope that I'm standing right next to you holding your hand when you do.