jamielynn

Wethering the Storm
Samantha Towle

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* has read 118 books toward her goal of 125 books.
hide
Here Be Sexist Vampires (Deep In Your Veins, #1) - Suzanne  Wright

So,... I hadn't read a vampire book in a while now. I have been wanting to read this for a while, but it seemed something else always caught my attention and I kept putting this one on my back burner. WoW, I'm not sure if it was a mistake that I had put it off and was mad at myself for it or awesome, because I got to read it now. I was hooked from like the first page and had problems putting it down, and then when real life got in the way I found myself thinking about it.

Meet Jared...I couldn't get this image out of my head while Reading this story.

"All right. I don't want anyone kissing you, or touching you, the way that I do. Is that really that bad?"

He is a commander and heir of Antonio, the Grand High Master, which is the vampire of all vampires. He doesn't do relationships but has himself three consorts and is known to get around....a lot. He is completely happy with his life until he meets Sam, and suddenly everything changes.

"I earned a spot. And you know it. I suppose whipping you into place didn't do anything for my chances, seeing as you obviously have an ego as swollen as a horse's rigid d!ck."

Sam was changed three years ago, and since has not had the easiest life. But when an opportunity presents itself she decides now is her chance to change her life. She goes to try out to be a part of the legion protecting Antonio, and completely proves herself, but as being a woman often presents its challenges, she finds out that men can be completely sexist and unfair. But Antonio has other ideas, ideas that leave Jared scrambling. He doesn't think he needs anything from Sam, but soon is proven wrong. The thing is Jared and Sam want each other, even though they hate each other soon Jared starts being very upfront about it, but Sam's past makes it quiet a challenge to give in to him.

This story was so good. The sexual tension is this book was through the roof. Sam and Jared wanted each other from the very begining, but at first neither would admit it to themselves, but soon either could deny it. I loved these two together. It took them a little while to finally give in but when they did, wow!!! Plus there was lots of suspense and I loved watching Jared get over his insecurities and admit he and the legion needed Sam. SAM, was an amazing character. She was so strong and brave and powerful. Men really did underestimate her and I loved watching her prove them wrong at every turn.

Plus there were some major secondary characters in this book to love. Evan, Jared's twin brother was amazing, the little of him we got, but unless there is more in the next book, I would love to get his story. He just seemed so sweet. And Fletcher, can I have me a gay bff like him? He was amazing and I loved his gift. But mainly he was so supportive of Sam. Of course Antonio, Luther and Sebastian were almost like father figures and the legion of guys that ended up respecting Sam so much but at the same time were like a group of buds that I would love to hang with at a bar. I just Can't wait for the next book in this series. :)