jamielynn

Wethering the Storm
Samantha Towle

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* has read 118 books toward her goal of 125 books.
hide
Golden Trail (The 'Burg, #3) - Kristen Ashley OMG,... Oh. My. GAWWWDDDD. I freakin' loved this book. Like LOVED IT!!!! I wish I could give it more stars.

"Somethin' means the world to you, you think one day you'll lose it, you got tow choices. You cut yourself off from it so, when you lose it, that don't destroy you or hold it so close, it can't ever go away but, if it does, you got as many precious memories as you can bag. Thinkin' about your girl, do either of those sound familiar?"

Tanner Layne

"How many time do I have to tell you, sweetcheeks? I remember everything."

So, I'm kinda sorta at a loss for words here. I loved this book so much that I just can't put it into words. Kristen Ashley is genius once again, that I do know.

This story starts out with Layne and Rocky having an awkward conversation after years of separation. They had been madly in love 18 years prior, but for reasons Layne doesn't know she left, without a word. Despite his efforts, he lost her and in turn and not completely on purpose, started a different life without her. Now, laying in a hospital bed with three bullet wholes, he is wondering why she has showed up of a sudden.

Rocky

"I was a child, and she was a child, in this kingdom by the sea; but we loved with a love that was more than a love~I and my Annabelle Lee."

Rocky also moved on. She's married to a wealthy doctor, teaches high school English lit, and lives in the rich part of town. Layne doesn't understand why all of a sudden she starts coming around but when invited over for a dinner and having a discussion with Rocky's brother, Layne decides he has to protect Rocky, mostly from herself, but also the trouble she has decided to put herself into. Layne and Rocky come to a deal, they pretend to be together in order to catch a dirty cop. Layne has already been on this case, but Rocky has become determined because her mother was murdered when she was fourteen, her brother and father are cops and she wants to take him down. But the longer Layne and Rocky pretend to be together, the more Layne is determined it goes from pretending to being real.

Jasper

"It's good she hooked up with me, she's such a nut, she needs a badass to take her back."

So, I loved everything about this book. Ohmigod, the characters. Layne for sure and I loved getting the whole book in his POV. His kids, Jasper and Tripp are like my favorite New book kids, LOL!!! The more Layne and his boys grew closer and closer, the more they kicked ass. And then Rocky, I really wanted to hold a grudge against her. It drove me crazy not knowing for so long why she had up and left Layne. And a few times she threw a hissy and I was like, wait you did leave him, he has the right to have up a guard, but in the end I came around and ended up letting my grudge go. And then, getting to see more into Cal and Vi, and Colt and Feb. I really just could go on and on and on, but I really won't say a whole lot more except over and over how much I loved everything about this book. Btw, this series always makes me want to go to one of their back yard BBQ's and pop the top off my Budlight and get in on all the gossip.

Tripp & Blondie

"Giselle Speakmon’s parents are totally devout. When I get in there and we hook up, there won’t be any cribs for me either, Dad, because I reckon they’ll make me wear one of those chastity belts, knowin’ Jas is my brother and all.”

I don't want to spoil ANYTHING, about this book, because I don't want to ruin the read for anyone else, but definitely go read this. There was romance, friendship, suspense that tied into a storyline that drew me in and kept me guessing at every turn, hot sexy times, awesome characters, but mostly just plain ole simple KA awesomeness!!! I can't wait for more. :)

“Any battle worth winnin’ is worth using every weapon available.”