jamielynn

Wethering the Storm
Samantha Towle

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* has read 118 books toward her goal of 125 books.
hide
How to Kill a Rock Star - Tiffanie DeBartolo WOW!! This book blew my mind. I stayed up until 2:45am finishing it and even after I was done I laid in bed thinking about the last 15% or so of the book.

Okay, so IMHO, the book was hard for me to get into at first. Only because the writing style completely threw me off. There are no chapters. The book is cut into 3 parts. Also, there are 3 peoples POV's and they all ran together. SO sometimes, the POV would change from one sentence to the next and competely throw me. With that being said, the storyline was really good.

The story begins with Eliza. A girl who has had a really bad year. Her boyfriend left her for the coffee shop girl and she's really just trying to find her way through life. But getting to meet her Rock'n'Roll idol, gave her a break in her career and she's off to NYC for a jump in her career. Of course, she is terrified of flying due to the fact her parents were killed in a plane crash so a bus ride it is. She is rooming with her brothers lead singer of their band Bananafish. Instantly there is attraction for them, for which they both finally give into. But to me the story really starts when Eliza, a music journalist, starts trying to promote her brothers and boyfriends band. Eliza made Paul want more in life. They completed each other in a way I don't think others quiet understood.

When I first met Paul, I was like really this is the guy?? I mean he was described as stringy hair that hung in his face with a big nose. As I'm coming off a Kellan Kyle high, I couldn't even imagine this rock star. But, the guy had his own quirks, that made him the complete opposite of Kellan Kyle and some of the deep thoughts he had and how he cared about Eliza, made me a fan. He also stood up for what he believed no matter what. Even in that mind blowing ending.

"Bottom line, Eliza-you're my home and my family, and I don't want to lose you. I could lose everything else, and as long as I still had you and a guitar I know I'd be all right. Do you get what I'm saying?"

I loved Eliza. She had that cool edge to her. I never once agreed with her decision she made with Loring though or Paul for that matter. I know she had good intentions but it all just blew up in her face. With that being said, I felt her pain when she sacrificed everything for Paul and then made the decision to tell him the truth and to realize he had already moved on. Especially with Amanda, yuck!! That moment was horrifying for me.

"My soul is withering. I'm more afraid to die than I am to live."

LORING!!! I'm sorry because I loved Paul, really, I did and with what happened in the end. I missed him instantly and wanted him back, but OMG, did I love Loring. That guy was complete perfection. I felt horrible for him that he was stuck in the middle of this mess. His POV was heartbreaking for me to read. He just missed his chance by not showing up at that first meeting with Eliza and his dad. He tried so hard over and over to make it work with Eliza. My heart just bled for him. I honestly think in a perfect world had Eliza feel in love with him first they would have had a very happy ever after, it was just too late after she had fallen for Paul. And, omg, that song he wrote...WOW!!

"If I had the guts I'd as you to dance. I'd get down on my knees, beg you for a chance. I'd shed my blood to touch the pearls that kiss your ears. I'd wipe away your every tear. I'd sell my soul to see you fly. I'd chase away your fear."

Now my only other complaint, is a complaint I have about lots of books, I want more, lol. I always want more, but for this book the more that I want is a converstation. Okay, so from the moment Eliza "pushed" Paul to going on tour, I was on edge waiting for the truth to come out. I kept waiting for someone to figure it out, like Feldman. OR I kept waiting for Loring to spill the beans only because he loved her so much, he would get upset and accidently spew it or something. BUT it never happened. I mean even when Paul found out the truth it was like a one sentence thing. I don't want to give away any spoilers so I will say if you've read the book I think you can figure out what I mean by saying...On that plane ride...I wanted everything laid out, a real complete conversation and what each..."passenger" thought about everything that had happened. I guess I just wanted something deeper and to know what each thought about how messed up everything had gotten and how the felt about the truth. Maybe I'm being needy and needing to much info, I just felt like I had waited for that conversation and only got a couple of sentences instead.

With that being said, this story blew my mind. I was going to put the book down and finish it today, but one I got to a certain part, there was no turning back. I knew if I didn't finish it there would be no way I could get any sleep. I liked the last 1/2 of the book way more than the first only because of all of the drama and angst. I will say the blurb didn't do this book any justice and maybe that is why I put off reading it for soo long. Thanks Shea for pushing me to go ahead and jump in, I was not disappointed.

"And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle."