jamielynn

Wethering the Storm
Samantha Towle

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* has read 118 books toward her goal of 125 books.
hide
Reckless (Thoughtless, #3) - S.C. Stephens "You'll never know how incredible you are to me, how desperately I love you. I would do it all over again if I needed to, I'd go back to the begining for you."

Source: picfor.me via Jamie on Pinterest

I honestly don't want to say goodbye to Kellan and Kiera, the D-bags, or any of the other characters from this series. I honestly didn't think I could love this series any more until I read Reckless, and it has just topped itself to a whole other level. I read this as a Buddy read with Vika, Dana, and Sultan, I must apologize girls for running off and leaving you, I. Just. Couldn't. Stop. We re-read the whole series and then picked up Reckless and I'm so glad we did. It all just flowed together and has left me a little lost on how I will move on to something else. I've been waiting on Reckless since August and it was worth the wait.

"Everyone eventually fall for the two of you together. You're meant to be."

Reckless starts the morning after Effortless. Kiera and Kellan have gotten married in their hearts and are ready to face the world together. After a sexy wedding night they go home to face the music of Kiera's parents. Kiera is fully prepared for her parents to be waiting ready to flip out on them. What they had waiting was not so expected. After not hearing anything from her for over two years, Joey is waiting for Kellan at his home, demanding her furniture back and to give Kellan a little present. A game changer of a present. Kellan and Kiera are now stronger than they have ever been, and though they are a little shocked, they decide they can get through anything as long as they are together. They just didn't know how many challenges would be thrown at them.

"Whatever happens from here on out, I want you to know that I don't regret anything. Being with you, loving you, experiencing this with you...it's all been worth it, and we'll get through this together. We're a team. It's us against the world.

Source: facebook.com via Erin on Pinterest

Kellan has to go back to L.A. to start recording his album. But he wants Kiera to stay with him, now that school is over for her. She stays behind to quit her job and say goodbye to her friends. Leaving is way harder than she expected, but of course Kellan is worth it for her. I must say during all of her goodbyes I actually cried. The night of her going away party, what Denny did for her and said to her, Oh so heartbreaking. But once she gets to L.A., it was evident with Kellan was where she belonged. Kellan and Kiera barely have time to get reunited again before the drama starts.

From the first meeting of Sienna I knew she was a major bitch, I just didn't think she was going to be the problem in the story, I thought it was going to be Joey's show. I haven't ever hated a trouble maker like I hated Sienna. I'm talking royal bitch. I could see through her the whole time, and even though Kiera was sooo much more mature in this book at times she was extremely naive, but I blame that on Kellan and Kiera being new to the buisness, but sometimes I wondered why Kiera didn't just stab that bitch. Kiera made extremely hard decisions to push Kellan into doing things he wasn't comfortable with in order to support his and the rest of the Dbags careers. She deserves girlfriend of the year awards for multiple situations. Kellan never stopped showing her that no matter what happened or what was stories were reported that she was the only one for him.

This book was my favorite book of the series. Every character was flawlessly perfect. Kellan and Kiera were so strong. It was nice to see the transition with them. In Thoughtless, they fell in love. Both were terrified of that love Kiera was stuck in limbo ending her first love and being terrifed of the love of her life. I know lots of people hated Kiera in Thoughtless, and yes at times she drove me insane, but she was 21 and caught between two hunks, one being her first love for which she had been with for 2 years that had been her everything, the other being a sexy rock god who she felt so strongly for it terrified her. Denny was her save place and Kellan was unpredictable. I totally wouldn't have wanted to be in her place. In Effortless Kiera and Kellan were trying to figure out their relationship. Seeing the way their relationship started there were major trust issues. Again people hated Kiera, but to me I totally understood her. She started out a relationship with lies and betrayals. Kellan was a known man whore and they were separated for 6 months. He didn't trust her because of how she reacted when Denny left, she didn't trust him because of his sexual behavior. In Reckless, they were united front. I loved seeing them fight for each other, trust each other, stand by each other no matter what, and push each other toward the others goals. They were 100% sure of each other and knew that no matter what there were no more questions of them being together.

The rest of the characters, ahhhh, sigghhh. Anna and Griff wow, I completely love them. They are that quirky, hilarious couple that people don't get but they make it work no matter what. Once Gibson came around they both immediately grew up, thank goodness, but were still a little crazy at the same time. Jenny and Evan, Matt and Rachal, love them!!! Could I get some POV's from all of these couples?? I need it!! AND then there is Denny and Abby. Denny is the best guy ever. Kiera was crazy to let him go, but I'm so glad she did. He broke my heart more than once and even made me cry. People I hate to cry, but I have several times during this series. Can I get this series turned into a movie?? LOL, I'm not ready to let it go.

And I have to say the ending of this book was the best ending ever. BEST EPILOGUE EVER!!! I could hardly read I was crying to bad. I honestly could just go on and on and on. But I must stop. If you haven't read this series do it. The first book is hard to get through but all together the series is perfection.

Because I love you more than any one person should be allowed to love someone.