jamielynn

Wethering the Storm
Samantha Towle

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* has read 118 books toward her goal of 125 books.
hide
Raid (Unfinished Hero, #3) - Kristen Ashley

"Only thing I know, only thing I'll focus on, is now you're mine."

Buddy Read with my Smut-ateers and all of our friends....

I had been so excited about this book. When the first two chapters were released I made the mistake of reading them and was hooked and wanted more. I really loved this book. It was a typical Kristen Ashley book. Hot Alpha badass, bad guy on the loose, girl who needs protection, and happily ever after. There has never been one of her books I haven't loved and this one was no different, I just wish it had been longer. It's not that I felt it was exactly rushed at almost 300 pages there was plenty of time for everything to be covered, I just felt like the rest of her books are more... detailed, is the word I keep coming up with, I dunno, and I can't explain it, I just felt like something was missing in this one. I loved Raid and Hanna, I love love loved Grams, maybe I just feel like there wasn't enought build up, I don't know exactly. I can't put my finger right on it, just something missing.

With all that being said, I'm a huge Kristen Ashley fan. I always fall in love with her characters and feel like I am part of the story. This was no different. When the story begins, Hanna is madly crushing on Raiden from afar. He's a couple years older than her and has never really seen her. She crushes so hard she sits in his sister's cafe just to catch a glimpse of him. But one night, walks out to see him making out with another woman and she decides she must move on with her life and end her crush with him. Months later, one day running errands in town on her bike, she sees him and tries to avoid him, but everywhere she turns he's there, including her Grams' house and he even shows up at her house to ask for a date. Now, I don't want to go into more details than this about the book because I don't want to spoil it. But this date is the beginging of their sometimes complicated and more times awesome relationship.

Raid was a typical alpha badass. He is a retired marine, working under radar. He is blunt, saying exactly what he thinks, speaks in typical badass ways, (which sometimes is hard for the chicks to understand, hahaha), a fast mover in deciding what he wants and making sure he gets it, protective of his family and Hanna, the town hero, and sexy as hell. Hanna was sweet, shy, a little dorky, a bit innocent, and described as cute a lot. She seemed so realistic. Hanna and Raid were so hot together in between the sheets. Raid even told her he could finally let go with her and Hanna came out of her shy shell with him too and they just gave themselves over to each other. They both helped each other overcome issues and I loved how they became so open with each other. Apparently the whole town was rooting for them to be together, as was I.

"You, just like that, any man would fight and die for the privilege of comin' home to that every day."-Raiden

Now, I have to talk about Grams. I loved Grams. She could see things in people. See things about them. She made these eerie predictions and they were always right. She was outspoken, acted super young for her age, super proud of her great-grandaughter and seemed just happy with life, living it to the fullest. Grams and Ms. McGuillicutty bickering in Church was hilarious.

"Lost love, precious, Stings like a wasp bite that never fades."-Grams

As an added bonus, and as all KA series go, I had a huge happy sigh moment when Knight and Anya showed up, along with Creed and Sylvie and even Marcus Sloan was in this one from the Rock Chick series. I love when the series bleed into each other.

This story for sure made me want to grab a blanket, either a glass of wine or some sweet tea and go outside and sit in my porch swing, (I don't have a porch swing, but I did as a kid growing up and now am convinced I need one of my own.)and maybe read there for the rest of the day. Like I said before, I loved the story. I loved all the characters. I'm not one to complain and am easily swept up into stories. It just felt like there was something missing in this one. I will continue to read all other books in all series I have read and want to read every other series I have not got to yet. Still a loyal KA fan. :)