jamielynn

Wethering the Storm
Samantha Towle

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* has read 118 books toward her goal of 125 books.
hide
Creed (Unfinished Hero, #2) - Kristen Ashley

Oh, how I loved this book.

"I'm not what you want, Sylvie, I get that because it's the same for you as it is for me. I'm not what you want 'cause I'm what you need."

I read this with my buddy readers Vika and Sultan. The book actually isn't what I expected, but with that being said, it was so much more. I loved badass Sylvie. She was strong, brave, hell on wheels, but lost at the begining of the story. In the end she was stronger, braver, powerful, still a little hell on wheels, but found. I loved Sylvie's character in this book. Some people go through shit in their lives that they have no control over, and they can go either way, let it break them or make them stronger, Sylvie was stronger for what happened to her.

"Some people get to live life. Some people survive it. We're survivors. We can carve out our pieces of happy, and, I swear to God, baby, right now, you got my vow, for you and for me, the rest of our lives, I'll bust my ass to carve our piece of happy."

Creed, wow. I think every woman alive dreams of a man like Creed. He protected her from the age she was 6 and he was 11. When she was 18, he left her thinking he was protecting her, and when he found her again he was still protecting her only to find out the truth of what really happened and then he began his life being her man and protector and knew he had been that and would be that from now on.

"Born to love you, baby, die lovin' you, my Sylvie."

The story was absolutely beautiful. It bounces back and forth between Creed and Sylvie as kids growing up protecting each other to present day. I loved the story of the past. Yes, it's heartbreaking, but it also explains Sylvie and Creed better. It makes them who they are in the present day. It was also beautiful because they always had each others back, and Creed waiting for her all that time, wow. Total devotion, 100% loyalty. These two were meant for each other. The present day part of the story was awesome. Creed and Sylvie are both crazy badass mofo's who can go from fighting each other brutally to having sex the next punch. WOW, their heat together was scorching hot.

photo Dan-Serena-gossip-girl-472192-235-1_zps5b49825c.gif

They pick up as partners, but that doesn't last too long. These two know they have to have each other. They have an intense love. A love of a life time love. A love not many people have. They have been together since childhood. They have always been together, even when they were apart. I'm not much of a girl who cries. But parts of this book, especially that AMAZING epilogue, hae me almost in tears.

Of course, we had awesome cameos by the sexy Knight and my main badass Hawk, *swoon*!! Lol. A little visit with Anya. And other new friends that were awesome!! I totally recommend the book along with any other Kristen Ashley books. She is a book goddess and I want to jump into her stories, any of them that I have read so far and live there.

photo 37-21_zpsa1eaee27.jpg