jamielynn

Wethering the Storm
Samantha Towle

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* has read 118 books toward her goal of 125 books.
hide
Into the Dreaming - Karen Marie Moning Into the Dreaming lure them deep where they shall love whilst they doth sleep then in the waking both shall dwell 'til love's fire doth melt his ice-born hell.

Awe, the last Highlander book in this series.

This series was done as a buddy read with Vika and Sultan, (WHAT UP GIRLS, lol). This series alone completely made me re-think my dislike of historical romances and completely 100% turned us three girls into die-hard kilt loving girls. WOW, what a great series it was.

Now for starters if you haven't read the Fever series don't until you read this series first. I think it makes up a hell of a difference if you read this first you may understand things I may not have completely did reading The Fever series first.

This whole series was full of hot alpha kilt wearing heros, smart strong brave heroines, a little magic, some time travel, suspense, and some hot loving. I would recommend it to anyone.

Now, for this book alone the book starts out as Aedan making a deal with the devil basically. He makes a deal with the Unseelie King his life for five years for the safety of his family. What Aedan doesn't know is the five years were faery years which in mortal years is the same as 500 years stuck in the dark icy seelie prison. He is forced over time to forget every memory he has of his former life and trained to be the kings Vengeance.Once his inprisionment is complete he will be offered one month to find his soul mate or will be forced to serve the king for eternity. However the Seelie Queen is notified this is going on and decides to decieve the Unseelie King and place a spell so that in his dreams he will live out a life with his soul mate so that when the time comes that he is released for a month he will find her and will fall in love.

"Hold fast, MacKInnon, for I have found you the mate to your soul. She will warm you. She will love you above all others.

And all of this brings us to Jane. She is made for Aedan. She doesn't fit in with the present day at all. She is actually wrapped up in her head of reading romance novels and having a relationship with a man she has dreamed about since she was old enough to dream. She really only works because bills have to be paid. She is struggling to try to be a writer, writing books about the dreams she has had her entire life about her Highlander. When suddenly she receives a package in the mail of a tapestry with a picture of Aedan and his name stitched into it. She goes to sleep and wakes up in a different time butt naked outside next to a lake with a kitten.

Free him from his ice-borne hell. And in his century you both may dwell. In the Dreaming hast thou loved him, Now in the Waking must thou save him.

This begins the story. Aedan doesn't remember her and she has been given a month to "save him" for things she doesn't even know he needs to be saved from. Now, that is all I'm going to spill because unlike the rest of the books in this series, this book is a short story and no way am I going to spill any of the goods.

This has been an incredible journey throughout this series. Like mentioned above I have fallen madly in love with Scotland and men in kilts. I am even now a little more tolerant to try reading historical romance, which has never been my thing but have found as I have went back in time with these hunky highlanders can be very stimulating. I must also note that there are more than one edition to this book, I think. One edition offers bonus material. I wasn't aware of that bonus material until after I had read this and may need to edit my review after I read it.