jamielynn

Wethering the Storm
Samantha Towle

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* has read 118 books toward her goal of 125 books.
hide
Wicked Burn - Beth Kery BUDDY READ With VIKA S

I'm trying to decide how I feel about this book. It for sure was a SMOKING HOT read. That is for sure. The sex was phenomenal, however I found myself begging for more story. Honestly, I'm good with all the hot sex, but there comes a point where the characters have to talk a little. When the story kicked in it was awesome. It went the complete opposite direction of what I thought it would take, which then made me regret wanting story instead of sex because the characters where in opposite places than where I wanted them to be.

Overall, it was a good read. It wasn't quiet 5 star to me, because I was constantly frustrated, lol!! At first, like stated above, I was begging for more backstory, then when we finally got backstory, I was begging for Vic to stop being a dick and just give Niall a minute. I kept expecting some kind of story on Vic and his story about how he likes his sex. He would bang her and then feel bad about it, and I never really understood that. Yes, he liked it rough, but she made it evident that she didn't mind that and she did too, so I thought there was more there, but this was never brought up, so maybe I was just reading into that. In the very end I wanted more, it felt a little rushed to me and after everything Niall went through I felt she, and we, deserved more of a conversation with Vic than another BIG dose of sex. I mean what she went through and then the way he treated her, I guess I just thought there should be more of a conversation than what I got. Of course the way these two went at it like rabbits, it made perfect sense the book ended with another big bang.

For sure a very good steamy read, it just left me wanting a little bit more!