jamielynn

Wethering the Storm
Samantha Towle

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* has read 118 books toward her goal of 125 books.
hide
This Man Confessed (This Man, #3) - Jodi Ellen Malpas Holy freaking cow!! What an amazing ending to a fan-freaking-tastic series!!! I don't think I can be in love with Jesse any more than I am right now!!! AH-mazing!! I just finished and I'm already having withdrawals. I love Jesse and Ava and am so sad the trilogy is over.

The third, and sadly last book in this series picks up right after Beneath This Man ends. Ava has agreed to marry her Lord, and Jesse being his neurotic self he needs this to happen sooner rather than later. So everything is put together quick and a beautiful ceremony takes place at, you guessed it, The Manor.

"You've taken me completely, baby. you've swallowed me up and drowned me in you beauty and spirit. You know I can't function without you. You've made my life as beautiful as you are. You've made me want to live a worthy existence-a life with you. All I need is you-to look at you; listen to you; to feel you. To love you. I need you to let me do all of these things, Ava. I need you to let me look after you forever."

I can't say the whole day goes without a hitch, but that's about all the spoiler I'll give away for the day except, Jesse does a little jig on the dance floor. Admit it, every time Jesse dances some JT you totally get this in your head right?!?! :)

As you gathered over the last two books, Ava keeps "losing" her birth control pills. I hope I'm not spoiling anything here, but it was sorta obvious that wasn't the case. This just ends up being obstacle one for Ava and Jesse. It was so hard for me to read parts of this, but I did understand the confusing situation. I almost feel like if I tell much more of this I could be spoiling so I think I will opt out, haha.

So, I'll just give you a hint of all of the excitement...car chases, scorned lovers, crazy deliveries from unknown people, of course, Jesse and Ava seem to get in their own way, break ins, admirers that go too far, meddling families, and so many confessions it will make your head spin but at the same time will make everything come together and explain Jesse so much better. And even one episode of Jesse running out of peanut butter, GASP, lol!! Don't kid, this is a serious thing for Jesse.

"Do you feel that? It was made to love you, Ava. For too long it was useless, redundant, not required. Now it's gone into overdrive. It swells with happiness when I look at you. It splinters with pain when we fight. And it beats wildly when I make love to you. maybe I go overboard with my love, but that's never to to change. I'll love you this fiercely until the day I die, baby. ~~I'll never stop loving you hard. It'll only get harder because every day that passes we create more memories. My mind is being filled with beautiful images of us, and they are replacing a history that lingers. They're chasing away my past, Ava.

Like I keep raving about, this series was amazing!! I see an opportunity for maybe a spin off with Dan?? Maybe Sam and Kate?? Or even Drew?? I honestly think Dan is the best bet out of these though.

Jesse and Ava still had scorching chemistry. Jesse and his sexy mouth can be just plain swoon worthy. The one thing I found hilarious was how he didn't want Ava swearing but he would turn right back around and swear right back at her while getting on to her. I love how Ava tried to keep her independence from him, but at the same time some of it was just childish on both ends, lol. I guess that's just them being crazy in love, they actually drove each other crazy, lol!!

Obviously don't read this book if you haven't read the other two first, but if you love over the top crazy possessive alpha men with dark pasts who fall in love with a woman who tries them at every turn even though she's madly in love with him and fight multiple obstacles together, this is totally the series for you. There was drama at every turn, either from Jesse's past or from Jesse and Ava themselves. It takes some time, but eventually they figure everything out and are determined that as long as they are together they can conquer anything/everything. Even if Jesse has to pay someone off, beat someone down, or come up with some kind of F@ck to make it right, he'll trample anyone who tries to come between them and will do it wherever, whenever and to whoever he feels it necessary and I love him all the more for it!!

"I want everything in the world with you, baby, and I want it all yesterday."

From before it was released, lol....

I NEED THIS BOOK NOW, YESTERDAY EVEN, Why oh Why must I wait for this. I suppose I'll take a chill pill and hang her in the swings with this coo dude until then....