jamielynn

Wethering the Storm
Samantha Towle

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* has read 118 books toward her goal of 125 books.
hide
Rules of Entanglement (Fighting for Love, #2) - Gina L. Maxwell "Never indulge in the poison of lies."

This book was so damn good. Matter of fact, I'm head over heals in love with this whole series. I can NOT wait for the next installment.

Jackson

"Do you have any idea what you do to me? Every time I look at you, I f*cking lose my mind."

The story begins with Vanessa arriving in Hawaii to help Lucie with her and Reid's wedding. Lucie can't be there due to illness so it's up to Vanessa to plan the whole thing. Problem is her ride is an hour late and she can't get him on his cell to even find out where he is. In walks Jackson, lol. Instantly, Jackson and Vanessa hit it off all wrong, to the point Vanessa takes a cab instead of the ride standing right in front of her. Jackson, however, is intrigued with Vanessa and decides she isn't getting off so easy. So, he comes up with a way to spend more time with her, he makes up a lie that forces them to spend more time together.

Vanessa

"You can spank me if I get to shave your balls with a straight razor."

Vanessa and Jackson both have secrets. And Vanessa has built up walls around herself in the form of Rules to protect herself from ever falling for the wrong guy, or that's what she thinks she was doing. The attraction between the two is so strong neither can deny it. So Vanessa gives in and makes a deal with Jackson. Have a fling, but there are rules, one of them being it can only last three days and after the fling they never mention it again and only remain friends. As time passes and her and Jackson gets closer she starts to understand herself better and her walls start to crumble. The two of them confess there secrets to one another and completely start to fall for the other, and both are even wanting to see if what they have can last longer, maybe even forever. But like all lies they eventually come out, and in this situation it has the ability to ruin everything.

This story was amazing. I loved both characters so much. Jackson was fun and flirty, but also can be soft and tender. He seems like a really fun guy to be around, but he has two places in his life where he has to be in control, that is in the fighting ring and in the bedroom. And believe me, he can have all the control he wants there. Vanessa was a very likeable heroine. She's strong, confident and sassy. She doesn't take crap from anyone but knows when the right time presents itself she shows her more hidden tender side too.

"They're small with soft, vulnerable underbellies, so the tops are tough with tiny spines that protect from predators. And if that isn't enough, they're able to drop one of their arms-literally leave a piece of them behind-so they can escape. It takes a long time, but eventually they grow a new arm to replace the one they lost."

I totally recommend this book and series. It was an amazing read with flirty conversations, a very romantic HEA for Reid and Lucie from the first book, (btw I loved being able to be there for their wedding), heartbreak, touching backstories, a whole slew of breakable and unbreakable rules, and scorching scenes between Vanessa and Jax. Between body shots, jet ski adventures and a glorious waterfall scene these two couldn't keep their hands off one another. Go, GO,...Don't wait, go pick this one up, it's a must read. :)